Catherine was admitted to practice in 2005 after obtaining a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from the University of Adelaide.
After finishing her law studies Catherine worked at the Courts Administration Authority and later joined Evenden & Associates, which merged with Adelta Legal in 2011.
Catherine can assist clients in all aspects of wills and estate law and commercial law including:
- Succession planning and asset protection;
- Drafting of simple and complex wills including testamentary trusts, life interests, mutual wills and “blended” family considerations;
- Inheritance claims;
- Estate administration including complex grants of probate or Letters of Administration, deeds of family arrangement and providing general advice to executors and administrators;
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives;
- Assisting and representing clients with SACAT applications;
- Property Law including conveyancing, leasing, mortgages, life tenancy arrangements, property transfers, sub-divisions, guarantees, advice in relation to reverse mortgages and licence arrangements;
- Commercial law including loan agreements, contract disputes, leasing disputes, partnership agreements, incorporation of companies, sale/purchase of business, Franchise agreements, establishment of unit trusts, family trusts and disability trusts and general business advice.
Outside the law Catherine enjoys travelling and is continually learning new things like sewing, handicrafts and languages.
Catherine is keen to educate the public and has been involved in a number of community presentations on legal topics and teaches legal studies at TafeSA.